- Real Estate
BRENT FINCH has been selected as a SuperLawyer ® in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 for his work representing small to medium sized business and individuals in all phases of business and real estate disputes. Mr. Finch has over 20 years of experience representing clients in federal and state courts throughout California and the Western United States. While Mr. Finch emphasizes pre-litigation counseling and settlement negotiations, he has successfully handled a myriad of cases through mediations, arbitrations, jury trials, bench trials, and appeals before the California Court of Appeal and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Finch is a business and real estate dispute lawyer whose practice encompasses a wide range of legal matters, including general business contract and tort claims, fraud and non-disclosure cases between buyers and sellers and brokers and agents, commercial and residential landlord tenant disputes, homeowners association matters, employment disputes, unfair competition, and trade secret litigation. He represents national and local businesses and individuals across several industries.
Mr. Finch graduated with honors from UCLA in 1996, and then obtained his law degree from UC Davis School of Law in 1999, where he served as an Editor of the UC Davis Law Review.
Throughout his professional career, Mr. Finch has served his community by volunteering many hundreds of hours, including terms as President of the Agoura Youth Basketball Association and as a Trustee of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association.
- University of California, Davis School of Law, Davis, California
- J.D. - 1999
- UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1996
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Business and Administration
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit
- Speaker, “Interstate and Intrastate Moving and Storage Issues,” for Vanliner Insurance Company insured California moving and storage companies, 2008
- Panelist, “Buyers and Sellers Beware: Non-Disclosure in Residential Real Estate Transactions,” for members of San Fernando Valley Bar Association, 2008
- Moderator, “Unfair Competition and Anti-Trust Issues” and roundtable discussion of economic issues, for members of San Fernando Valley Bar Association, 2008
- White v. Mayflower Transit, LLC, 543 F.3d 581, 9th Cir. (Cal.), 2008
- Allstate Ins. Co. v. Mayflower Transit, LLC, 616 F.Supp.2d 1003, C.D. Cal, 2009
- Board of Trustees
- San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Co-Chair of Business/Real Property and Litigation Sections
- Golden Key Honor Society